Sunday, July 30, 2017

Day 43: Little Things

Hello friends!

Today was such a nice day. Tigist and her two daughters picked us up and we all went to church. The service was very good today. It was all about our blessings that God has given us and the ability to be us and serve in his name. Some lines during the songs really stuck out to me today.

"There is hope in the promise of the cross and this hope is an anchor for my soul."

I know I am so blessed to be here, beginning to really live out God's purpose in my life. All the times that I have been upset or uncomfortable here, was just another challenge that God has placed in my life. God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers. Being able to come here and see everything first hand has really opened my eyes. There's so much I want to do but rather than focusing on such a big picture, I want to focus on making someday's life or even just someone's day a little better everyday of my life.

That's just a little something I've begun to realize as my time winds down. A few of the other interns and I were all talking about what we want to do and how the internship has affected that. Well, we may not know exactly what our futures will look like but we now know that the little things can really change someone's life. It truly is the little things.

God blessed me with an Ethiopian mother, Tigist. He has blessed me two wonderful girls Aryia and Stulta, who can laugh at me while I laugh at myself. He has blessed me with such an amazing life and great opportunity for which I will forever be thankful. He also gave me all of you. I know that I am not in this alone. Everyone back home is supporting me and I cannot thank all of you enough. I never take of my best friends, brothers bracelet off. It says 'No one fights alone.' Every little challenge I have faced and will face, I keep that saying in mind because of all of you.

Thank you. Ãmeseginalehu.

No comments:

Post a Comment