Sunday, July 9, 2017

Day 22: Sunday


Hello friends!

Here are some pictures from the the traditional Ethiopian restaurant that we went to with Boni, the driver, and one of her colleagues that works in the forage gene bank at ILRI. 


It was a very cool experience! This injera was actually better than the last time I had it. The meat was especially the best. Before getting our food and afterwards, they brought around a dish to wash our hands. The man would put some soap in your hands then over the bowl he would pour water over your hands while you washed your hands. That was interesting. I have videos but unfortunately I can't upload them to blogger. But while we ate and talked, there were traditional songs played with people doing traditional dances on the stage. So many people were there! It was very packed and by the time we left, two people had to move their vehicles so that we could get out! But all in all, it was a really fun experience! 

This morning, Tigist took us to church again. The sermon was about turning to God's light. Finding that light in the darkness. The pastor was very enthusiastic and it was enjoyable to listen to. After the service, we went to bible study. There we met a lady from Michigan who was very happy to be there and share in God's love with Hannah and I. It was quite interesting to listen to a range of ages in adults talk about the greatness that God offers in everyones lives at the bible study. I'm very glad that I have this opportunity to continue growing in my faith while I am here. 

After bible study, Tigist took us to Kaldi's Coffee. It reminds me a lot of Starbucks. You can find a Kaldi's just about every 100 ft! We got cappuccinos and just talked about different things. I am so glad we were able to connect with Tigist. Just about every other past intern has said that she became their Ethiopian mother. They were not wrong! She is a delight!


Here are pictures of the church!

We got back to ILRI and Hannah and I took naps. I'm not sure what we will do the rest of the day. But, tomorrow we go back to Debre Zeit to OFFICIALLY begin our projects! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment