Friday, July 28, 2017

Day 41: I'm on top of the world

Hello!

Today's blog post title is brought to you by 10,000+ ft of elevation and one of my favorite Imagine Dragons song.

Imagine a cold wind on your face, literally driving through the clouds, and waving at the locals as you drive by. I was at complete peace today while driving about an hour and a half north of Debre Berhan. The view was breathtaking and the locals are friendly (and will try to sell you just about anything). We even saw some funky looking monkeys. I'm not sure what kind they are but there were all over the place in the forest area before the town Debre Sina. They sat and waited for us to give them food but we didn't have any for them! We stopped in Debre Sina for Mikhel to get some coffee. We hadn't even gotten out of the truck yet and there were at least three boys on each of side trying to sell us gum and random things. Even if you said no, they still tried to hand you the things they were selling. It made Hannah and I both laugh pretty hard. After our stop, we drove back through the mountains and even stopped at a stream to get pictures. I have to say that the below pictures really do not even do justice! There were times where I just to put down my phone and really admire what was in front of me. We made it back to ILRI around 5:00 pm. Hannah and I decided to just take the evening easy. Tomorrow, we will catch up on sleep and decide what to do when we get to it!


Thank y'all for reading and looking. I hope you were as blown away as I was!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness those monkeys are crazy looking! The views are soo breath taking, it all looks so intouched!

    ReplyDelete