Saturday, July 1, 2017

Day 14: Nineteen 🎉

G'day everyone!

I had a great day turning another year older! Thanks for all the messages and snaps!

This morning when I woke up I had several messages from my family and very good friends wishing me a good birthday! That was awesome to wake up to. After getting ready, Hannah and I went to breakfast. I went out of my norm to get toast and strawberry jam, strawberries AND an omlette!

We went back to the rooms and I did my hair. For something to do, we went for a walk around campus on the trails. We also went to the supermarket just on the corner from ILRI to look and see if we needed anything. I picked out my FFA advisor's gift and then we headed back to watch a movie on Netflix. But, before we could get to the movie, Jerry the tortoise was making his rounds again! So of course we had to have another photography session with him! When we got back into the rooms, we went with 'Grown Ups 2'. Funny as always.

It was perfect timing as well because at 3 pm, Tigist (a former ILRI worker) took Hannah and I out to the city. She was such a sweet lady! She greeted us with hugs and flowers! She then took us the 'Edna Mall'. There were so many people there! We walked to the second floor and it turned out to be the movie theatre! We saw the new Pirates of Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales. It may have been the second time I've seen it, but it was still as good as the first time! Afterwards she took us to a restaurant called the Chicken Hut and ordered pizza! Like who doesn't go to a chicken place and get pizza? We ordered a 1/2 chicken and a 1/2 pepperoni pizza. I normally don't care too much for pepperoni but this was thick cut pepperoni and it was super good! Tigist then said we had to have cake for my birthday! So we went to a coffee shop called Bilo's and had the best white cake! It was so moist and very delicious! Then we drove back to the campus where she gave each of us a big hug before she left. We also planned to go to church tomorrow with her!

I had a fantastic day and never in a million years would I have thought I'd be spending my birthday in Africa!


2 comments: