Sunday, July 23, 2017

Day 35 & 36: Fresh, Warm Air

Hello!

Get ready for picture overload.

But, before we get to the pictures, what do you think of when you think of Africa? For me, what I saw this weekend is Africa. Warm, beautiful, and amazing fresh air that I literally just want to bottle up and take with me.

This is an ant hill.
Camels!!
The Awash River, beautiful isn't it!
Find the baboon!
Now find the crocs!
Willy Wonka's Chocolate River

Sorry that some of the pictures are out of order but, I hope you enjoyed getting to see the beautiful scenery that I did! The air was seriously so nice and the sun was warm! The people in the smaller towns and villages waved and shouted as we went by. I wish that we could spend all our time out in these villages getting to know these people and their farming systems. Someday, I'll come back to really see it up close. 

Hope you enjoyed! Until tomorrow! 

4 comments:

  1. Sooo are the camels just wild there? Is this a super goofy question? It looks beautiful! Are those little buildings homes? Some of them have so much color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think of it like ranchers in the west with their cattle in the wide open. It's kinda like that. The camels are actually used for their milk surprisingly but they're able to withstand the warmer, desert climate in Eastern Ethiopia. It's a good question actually! And yes those building are houses!

      Delete