Thursday, August 10, 2017

Day 53 & 54 & 55: Daily Grind

Hello everyone!

Wednesday:
Hannah and I met around 9:30 this morning, went and got a cappuccino and croissant at Bilo's and simply relaxed in the morning. It was nice to have a break from working hard in the field or rigorously typing my paper. In the afternoon, Hannah needed to take a package to the post office and what an adventure that was. As soon as we got in the car is began downpouring. It rained the whole time while we were out. We ended that little venture at an Italian restaurant where we got some pizza. Really good pizza might I add. We got back to ILRI and it had stopped raining so I went to the gym and just settled into some Netflix for the rest of the evening.

Thursday:
Becuase it's our last few days, we have to savor the wonderful coffee shop that is Bilo's! This time I got a pastry cake. It's one of my absolute favorite sweets here. After that, Hannah and I went to the office and I got working away on my paper. I actually finished before lunch! I am now just awaiting Dr. Jean and Dr. Olivier's feedback.

This evening, Tigist took Hannah and I, to a Chinese restaurant. Tigist has never tried Chinese before so we wanted to make sure she tried! The first restaurant she took us to was a new one that her friends said she should check out to see if it's good. We got seated and saw the menu's and none of knew what any of the food was. Tigist suggested going to a different place that her friends all said was the best. We went and sat down there and immediately felt better. I ordered the orange chicken with beef and noodles. It was super good! It was more 'Americanized' Chinese food but I was happy with it! Tigist even liked it!

Friday:
I woke up this morning to more rain. It's rained every day this week and I don't think it ever plans to let up. I got ready and headed to the office. I worked on some presentation material for home while I waited for Dr. Olivier's feedback. I'll probably just come up with things to do until I need to start working on my paper again.

Good news! Dr. Olivier really enjoyed my paper! He gave me suggestions for more things to include but overall, he loved it! He's even keeping a copy for himself too! Best part, this all happened before lunch! I am so relieved that my paper went over well with him and is complete! Now, just to begin my official packing strategies for the trip home! I'm really looking forward to getting home! I'm so excited to see everyone!

1 comment: