Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Day 51 & 52: The last of Debre Zeit

Helloooo!

Monday:
After a confusing morning, Hannah and I were able to square a drive to take us to Debre Zeit for what was supposed to be the last time. Unfortunately, when we made it to the research facility to weigh the chickens, we were unable to. In the end, Hannah was only able to take pictures of the individual chickens for her research. We were told to come back the next day to weigh the chickens in the morning.

Tuesday:
We left this morning at the right time for Hannah to weigh the chickens. She was also able to get some questions answered by the head supervisor in charge. The chickens were weighed and I wrote down the weights. Once we had finished we thanked the workers for the help they'd given the last weeks. We said our goodbyes and headed back to ILRI.

I settled into writing my paper while it continued to rain (so far, it's been all day). If I keep working, which I am a notorious procrastinator, I should finish by the end of the week. I am looking forward to having the paper done though!

Until next time!

4 comments:

  1. Seems like the summer has gone so fast! When do you fly home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fly home Monday night and land in Iowa around 2!

      Delete
  2. Awesome! I know your family will be glad to have you home! Thank you for journaling this whole experience. I've enjoyed following you. Love you ❤️

    ReplyDelete