Sunday, August 6, 2017

Day 49 & 50: Shop till you drop

Happy Weekend all!

Saturday:
Today was so much fun! Tigist came to pick Hannah and I up at 10 am. We hopped in the car and set off to some of the most popular markets in Addis. We went traditional dress and souvenir shopping. I was so happy with all of my purchases and I even learned how to bargain with the locals. They'll tell you their highest price and you just pretend you don't want it for that much. Then they'll ask how much you want to pay for it and eventually you'll be able to get 10-50 birr ($1 USD = 23 birr) off of an item. It also depends on the item, if it's quite expensive you may be able to shave off 500 birr. But all in all, I was very happy with the day. I was able to get the gifts that I wanted for people and more!

Sunday:
Have I ever told you how much I love Sundays? Tigist and her oldest daughter, Sitota, picked us up for church at 8 am and we headed off. The sermon was about finding the real Jesus and God in our lives. It's okay to challenge certain things in our lives if it means finding the real Jesus.

After church, we went to the coffee shop Bilo's. It's always super good! We got dropped off at our hostel and a few minutes later, Hannah and I went to the supermarkets. We may only have 1 week left, but I wanted to get some of my favorite things to finish out the trip, things like apple juice and chocolate bars. I also picked up some new tea. It's actually from Kenya but the store employees told me it's really good.

One more week y'all. Can't wait to share all the trip details with you in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment