Friday, August 4, 2017

Day 46 & 47 & 48: Back in the Office

Hello all!

I apologize for not writing daily but for the next week, my days are going to look quite similar until I go home.

Wednesday:
What a glorious day it was to sleep in for the first time since two weeks ago. I woke up at 8 am, got ready and headed to the office. I started to really get down to the detail of my research paper. I've decided to write about each individual farm in terms of the affects on the milk production as well as the profitability. I'm hoping that I will be able to have my paper completed by the end of next week!

Another highlight of the day was reading the genome of a chicken in Spanish for a promotional video that ILRI is doing. It was the whole shebang, lights/camera, etc. I was little worried because they wanted me to do it in Spanish but, I think my Spanish teacher would be proud.

Thursday:
Another delightful morning of sleeping in until 8 am. I continued working on my paper before and after lunch. I was sitting alone at lunch (Hannah made herself rice) and almost as I was finished a lady asked if she could sit with me. Turns out she's a student working on her doctorate from Cornell College. We talked about our backgrounds, comparisons to the United States and some of the things we enjoyed here. It's really nice to meet new people and I'm glad someone came and had lunch with me!

Friday:
Just ten more days until I am on a plane back home! It seems so crazy to me. This morning, Hannah and I could not stand to be in the office for another day so we decided to sit outside the cafeteria. The weather was so beautiful today and it was nice to have the fresh air.

This weekend we plan to go gift shopping with Tigist on Saturday and then go to church on Sunday. I'll probably keep hammering a little bit more on my paper because I am almost done! I'm looking forward to the weekend as well as completing my paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment